Twin Day

Twin Day

Monday, October 1, 2012

Algae Assessment

Monday, October 1

Today students are working on an algae assessment.  I developed my own water quality assessment by drawing a field of view and then a data collection chart on the back. Students use colored pencils to count the algae then total the amount.  Once they have the total they can determine if the water is high, moderate or low pollution.  I have six different versions and as students turn them in I check to see if each version had the same count.  If not, I have them get together and figure out who is right. Peer tutoring is great.




These are my picture keys for the algae assessment.  It really helps that we have already done the math formula before they do this assessment. Working in groups helps because the help each other.










No comments:

Post a Comment