Twin Day

Twin Day

Monday, October 1, 2012

FISH STORIES

Happy Friday, September 27

This week was fun.  I always enjoy algae.  What was really cool was the student found they could take pictures of  organisms under the microscope using their cell phones.  It you hold the camera over the eye piece just right you can snap a picture.



Leech or planaria

Mayfly Larva

Daphnia

The other interesting thing that happened this week was in the goldfish and Tigar Oscar tank.  The baby oscar has been getting bigger.  We looked over during lunch and he had some thing hanging out of his mouth.   All you could see was the tail fin of the goldfish hanging out of the oscar's mouth.  I was able to get a couple of pictures.  The students thought it was really cool.






My mom and dad convict chilids had babies last week.  I tried to get a picture but my blue crayfish decided to hunt them.   Mom and dad went after the crayfish.  The moved all the babies to the back of the tank.  They are very protective of their babies.

Raising fish is very interesting  and there is always something new each
week.



Last Friday students turned in their they wetland picture books.  They were really cute.  I picked a variety of animals that live in the wetlands: mammals, birds, fish, reptiles, macroinvertebrates and others.  What I like about this type of booklet is I learn things I did not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment