Twin Day

Twin Day

Friday, September 14, 2012

Happy Friday

Yes, today is Friday and afternoon pep rally.  The students are very hyper!!!

My R 2 Fish School kits finally got here and I am setting up tanks so that there is one goldfish in each tank.  That allows four different groups to train fish at a time.   It should be fun. We have named our new students _Bella, Dorie, Flounder and Oscar.  We will start training sessions next week after they have had time to get use to the tank.  I have an Oscar I think would be fun to train.




This is what you get when you buy the R 2 Fish School Kit

This fish is pushing a ball (R 2Fish School)

Most of my students have got their blogs up and running.  While the observations need some work I am getting a lot more information from them than I did when they wrote in their composition notebook.  The other thing is that they can add pictures to make it more interesting.  One group evidently did their blogs during lecture (not what I had in mind but at least it was school related).  There are a lot of kinks to work out but again this is the first time I have tried this

I really do love it when we have fish in the classroom because they are always so interesting and many students have never really sat down and observed an ecosystem before.  I have also been keeping an eye on "Big Mama" crayfish.  She is using her tail to protect the offspring.  I hope I get a bunch of blue babies this term.  I love crayfish even if they eat a fish now in then.  I have "Little Boy" in a big tank and the students found the skeleton of a fish he ate.  It was gross so they loved it.

I didn't get to do my algae lab this week but will try again next week.  It is amazing what is in the water.   Students get really excited.  Of course some of them say they will NEVER open their mouth in a lake ever again.

Hope everyone has a safe weekend.

Ms. Wood




No comments:

Post a Comment